Sunday, September 2, 2012

Soft, Fluffy, Creamy Chocolate Chip Cookies


 Yesterday, for dessert we had . . . chocolate chip cookies!  

We haven't had them in a LONG TIME!  The kids loved them and begged for thirds.
This is what we had left of the first cookie sheet.


All but 2 eaten - and that is because I STOPPED THEM!
(sorry, picture is glaring.  I am working on it!)

My "sweetest" friend, Cassi, gave me this recipe for the softest, fluffiest, creamiest chocolate chip cookies and gave me permission to share the recipe with you!

The recipe makes a ton, I usually half the recipe for my family.  I DO NOT recommend you freeze this dough.  It breaks down the cookie and it doesn't turn out very good if frozen before baked.  Another tip, keep the cookies spread apart with enough room.  Otherwise, they turn out like this.

(This picture makes the cookies look yellow.  They aren't, it is the lighting in my kitchen.  Sorry!)

They still taste the same but don't look so pretty when you serve them.  Sorry I don't have a fun tutorial with pictures.  I will work on that in the future.  But tonight, due to exhaustion (still), I am just sharing one of the tastiest cookies I have ever had and is now a family favorite.  Enjoy!

Cassi's AMAZING Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C. sugar
2 C. brown sugar
1 C. shortening
1 C. margarine or butter
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 C. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

6 C. flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. 12 oz. milk choc. chips
1 pkg 12 oz. semi sweet choc. chips
(note:  I just eye ball the choc. chips I never do the full two packages,
I try to put in equal amounts of milk and semi.)

Cream sugars, shortening and margarine/butter together in large mixing bowl.
Add beaten eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well.
Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
back in 350 deg. oven for 10-11 min.

DO NOT OVER BAKE.

(note: my oven is 14 min. and I’ve found that silicone cookie sheet is best if you have them.
These cookies will set up a little more after coming out of the oven so  
I pull them out when the top of cookie starts to go golden.
If you wait until they are not doughy on top they will be over cooked and kind of hard. 
I store them in Tupperware after cooled and they stay soft for a long time.)

Makes 5 doz. cookies.
(Note: I like my cookies big so it only makes about 2-3 doz. for me)

Cassi Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment